- January 29, 2015 at 4:10 pm #56072KatSarraccoParticipant
I purchased the Pro Upgrade because of the template variety. All of the templates/skins look fantastic but I wanted to use the newer Rock skin because of the PayPal integration.
However, there’s a conflict with the website theme that I’m using. The theme has a dark content background with light text.
It’s a chocolate brown background with white text.
1. I use a custom CSS plug-in for themes which don’t include a Custom CSS theme option. I still can’t find all of the CSS that needs to be changed so that I can get the pricing tables to look great with my theme.
Most of the pricing tables will use the text classes from the WordPress theme. With my theme and its light text, the pricing table
text is not readable on the light gray table backgrounds.
The only exception is the “Dark” template. The text is visible with my theme, but the charcoal gray/black background doesn’t
look that great with a chocolate brown content background.
I really would like the ability to change the background color for the “Dark” skin template to something which would complement the chocolate brown. The same capability would really be great for the “Rock” template.
I’m pretty good at finding and defining my own custom CSS, but this has been tedious. I still haven’t found all of it and I’m out
of time to work on it. I’m going to have to use the “Dark” skin until I have more time to work on it.
2. The documentation is probably in a state of change. The videos were great to get me started but written documentation is needed as a reference for shortcodes and parameters. The forum is helpful, but difficult to search.
– I read many posts and found the CSS for each template/skin.
– It would be nice to have a list of the templates and shortcodes. Some templates use parameters with their shortcodes and
and I have the feeling that many people are frustrated because they want to change a template/skin which doesn’t use a
3. I was able to figure out that I should use the “demo” previews to look at the colors, layouts, styles, etc.
4. The “Insert Table” wizard is a fantastic feature! It’s right there in the page and post editor tools, but I would not have known
it was there.
– I was trying to enter shortcodes onto my page and nothing was working the way I wanted – had to watch the video several times
to figure out that only some templates/skins have extra parameters for the shortcodes.
I think that it would be more helpful if the Insert Table wizard was highlighted in text form on the plug-in page, in a few
“How to Get Started” steps. Yes, The video is there but I find that videos are good for my understanding of features and
probably shouldn’t be the only form of documentation.
Thanks in advance for reading this and possibly considering my request for the next upgrade!
January 29, 2015 at 4:52 pm #56075WordPress EdenKeymaster
- This topic was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by KatSarracco.
Thanks for explaining your issues. We really appreciate your suggestions about making our documentation more user friendly. We will update product page soon.
However, to change background of Dark template, go to ../wp-content/plugins/pricing-table/table-templates/dark/css/pricer.css line no 55 and delete two background properties. Add your preferred background color.
Let me know if you have other query.
Thanks again.January 29, 2015 at 9:01 pm #56081KatSarraccoParticipant
Thank you very much for the assistance! I’m very happy with how the pricing tables look now!
The CSS from pricer.css is in the custom CSS plug-in that I use, so that it won’t be lost when there’s an upgrade to your plug-in.
This is a really great and easy to use plug-in, once it’s figured out! I know that pro upgrade buyers will be impressed, once they can see how easy it is to use it.
Re-organizing the product page with instructions about the Insert Table wizard and using the interactive previews via the demo – will make the plug-in easier to use.
Thanks again for the quick response and suggestions for the fix.
- This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by KatSarracco.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.