- October 23, 2014 at 3:14 pm #55345planetMitchMember
Hey, there isn’t a separate forum for this theme
i bought it the other day and am trying to set up a child theme but it doesn’t quite work right
I created a child folder and a simple style.css and an empty functions.php based on the instructions over on the WordPress site.
There has been nothing custom done to any of it yet.
• I can no longer drag widgets in the admin panel to put widgets in the sidebar.. it works when I switch to the parent theme (and I’ve tried in multiple browsers)
• a couple of theme elements aren’t visually correct on the user side
• and a couple of things just don’t look quite right in the WordPress admin (icons missing in some of the parent theme functions).
So I’m thinking it has something to do with including .css files – but I don’t know enough about css to diagnose. I think we’re just not pointing to the right resources in the child theme.
child theme: wphowtomiso
I’ve contacted a couple of people on fiverr and one suggested I contact the developer. Any chance of getting support here? The biggest issue is the inability to drag and drop widgetsOctober 24, 2014 at 2:07 am #55355planetMitchMember
ok, I hired someone from Fiverr who built a child theme for me… which was more complicated than I imagined or that any of the sites explained because he said you were using frames… but anyway, it is done. Thanks
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.